Sundance Beard Contest. Win a Grand!
You don’t usually see a ton of scruff during the Sundance Film Fest. Black clothes, cellphones, attitude. Yes. Facial hair? Not so much. That’s about to change with the Ultimate Beard Contest in honor of the Sundance film Blue Ruin. The classic revenge story won the FIPRESCI Prize in the Directors’ Fortnight program at this year’s Cannes Film Festival and screens Friday, January 17, in the Fest’s Spotlight Section.
Dwight Evans (Macon Blair) is a mysterious outsider whose quiet life on the margins is turned upside down when he returns to his childhood home to carry out an act of vengeance. Proving himself an amateur assassin, he winds up in a brutal fight to protect his estranged family.
To prepare for the role of a vengeful beach bum, Blair stopped shaving. He didn’t even know if the film would get made. In the months of struggle and setbacks leading up to production, the beard became an off-screen symbol of their determination and refusal to bail. A hairy beacon of hope?
The producers want you to show your hairy beacon by tweeting and Facebooking your bristles. The bonus is that you’ll have facial fur to keep you warm on the slopes. No need to wear a neck gaitor!
Enter the contest now by doing at least one of the following:
1. Like RadiusTWC, Drafthouse Films, and Blue Ruin
2. Post a status update with a photo of your beard, tag RadiusTWC, Drafthouse Films, and Blue Ruin, and use the hashtag #blueruinbeard, OR:
3. Post a photo of your beard on this event wall, tag RadiusTWC, Drafthouse Films, and Blue Ruin, and use the hashtag #blueruinbeard
1. Follow RadiusTWC, Drafthouse Films, and BLUE RUIN
2. Tweet a photo of your beard, tag @RadiusTWC, @DrafthouseFilms, and @BlueRuinMovie, and use the hashtag #blueruinbeard
Share with your friends. The more likes / shares / retweets / favorites you get, the better your chances. Finalists will be announced Thursday, January 16th.
All beards welcome, traditional and freestyle compete together.