WOODWARD PARK CITY OPENS UTAH’S NEWEST LIFT-SERVED MOUNTAIN BIKING
Woodward Park City, Utah’s only indoor/outdoor action sports and ski hill is gearing up to take over the lift-served mountain bike scene in the Wasatch. A giant hole was left when Vail Resorts axed their mountain bike parks, and riders all across the state felt the hurt. Now Woodward has closed the gap. The training facility just opened Utah’s newest-lift served downhill mountain bike flow trails. and are the first to start spinning lifts this summer.
While the majority of riders in Park City skip the lifts and use the town’s Gold Level cross country trails, saving their cash for apres beer and bike tunes, some dig the rush of jumps, banks, and berms that are tough to find on all-access trails.
“Lift-served mountain biking plays a big role in how Utah families recreate,” says Shaydar Edelmann, general manager of Woodward Park City. “Operating our chairlift for summer mountain biking is our next step in empowering and inspiring the next generation of action sports athletes through intuitive programming and innovative environments.”
BMX dirt jumps open at Woodward Park City later this summer
Several zones and services in the indoor Action Sports Hub are also open: Five Olympic fly-bed trampolines and two SuperTramps, parkour zone, gym floor, and indoor airbags.
Woodward Park City’s mountain biking rental shop is open with a fleet of Transition full suspension bikes, Fox full-face MTB helmets, and more protective gear. along with food service upstairs at the Grind dining area. Woodward Park City’s rental shop will open with a fleet of Transition full suspension bikes, Fox full-face MTB helmets, and more protective gear. There will also be Food service in the upstairs Grind dining area.
Action Sports Summer Camp
Utah’s newest summer camp at Woodward Park City will run for six weeks, July 6 – August 14. Multi-day programs for campers ages 6 and up are available in five- and 10-day increments. Campers can choose between full week and multi-week programs. Camp days are from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Full-day camps include instruction, lunch, arts and crafts, and game time. Camp disciplines include mountain bike, skateboard, BMX, scooter, parkour, cheer and digital media options. Additional multi-sport sessions are available with instruction in trampoline, parkour, skateboard, scooter, and BMX. More information on camp registration can be found at http://woodwardparkcity.com
COVID Concerns For Woodward Park City Mountain Biking
Woodward Park City will continue to closely monitor COVID-19 and follow all local, state and national regulations, which may require operational
Certain policies will be in effect to ensure the health and safety of members, visitors, staff and community, including:
- Hours: Operating hours from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Registration: Advanced registration is required, with limited capacity per session
- Sessions: 90-minute indoor sessions will begin at 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, and 6pm. Outdoor lift tickets are valid all day
- Indoor Sessions
- Concrete parks, ramps, pump track, parkour, gym floor, trampolines, airbag, outdoor action sports zones
- Outdoor action sports zones
- Foam pits remain closed
- Outdoor Sessions
- Lift-served MNT biking, outdoor action sports zones
- Indoor Sessions
- Health Screening: Prior to entry, all staff and guests will be asked to complete a short verbal medical screening. On a daily basis, staff will have their temperature taken and undergo medical screenings onsite.
- Sanitization: Staff & guests will be expected to wash and sanitize hands regularly and avoid shaking hands or giving high-fives. Staff will clean and disinfect the facilities throughout the day and after-hours with a focus on high-touch surfaces and high-traffic surfaces.
- Social Distancing: Practice social distancing of 6 feet in passive areas and 10 feet in activity zones. Avoid congregating in parking lots or on trails.
- Face Coverings: For staff, face coverings are required in all indoor work areas; in addition, we will provide PPE to employees. Guests are expected to wear face coverings when practical.
- Capacity: All sessions will be capped.
Where Else To Ride Lifts
DEER VALLEY – The proposed opening date for summer activities is June 26, 2020. Spread over six mountains and featuring up to 3,000 vertical feet of elevation change, Deer Valley Resort offers nearly 70 miles of mountain bike trails, including four flow trails designed by Gravity Logic. The trails are accessed via three chairlifts- Silver Lake Express, Sterling Express and Homestake Express. $50 weekdays/$55 weekends.
SOLITUDE Weekend lift access to the 20 miles of trails is suspended temporarily. Last year’s prices: $30 or $5 with an Ikon Pass.
SUNDANCE RESORT – 25+ miles of lift-serviced, single-track mountain biking. $30