Traditional Passover Charoset Recipe
I searched for the Charoset recipe my mom used to make for our Passover sedar but all I could find where those with variations. So I wrote this one myself.
- 3 Red Delicious apples (cored, diced, peel on)
- 3 Granny Smith apples (cored, diced, peel on)
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup Manischewitz or sweet red wine
- Peel, core and chop apples.
- Add walnuts and mix.
- Add everything else and mix again.
- Chill overnight in the fridge if you have the time.